Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I have been suspended from work because of the perceived notion

Customer Question
that i was being rude...
i have been suspended from work because of the perceived notion that i was being rude to a customer, with no witnesses who do i fight that.
JA: Got it. The Employment Lawyer will know how to help you. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: the parent requested a double lead shield for her child, i stated i dont know why i'm doing this. in my profession only one lead shield is required for an x-ray to be done. but i did put one both shields one in the front and one in the back. i also typed one the x-ray a double shield was given,but the parent said my statement was rude and ignorant.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Employment Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: the complaint was written in a block form meaning the comments were written with similiar phrases i have seen before in other letters. my feeling is she was asst\
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
4/19/2016
Employment Lawyer: Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Christopher B, Esq.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. Do you have an employment contract? If so, are there requirements related to suspension? Are you a member of a union? If so, does the union contract address suspension? If neither of the first two are present, were you provided a policies and procedures employee handbook? If so, does it address any requirements related to an employee suspension?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes I have a union rep and have a handbook that states we can fight the suspension by filing a greivance. I have five days to do that. but I am scared because I signed the complaint without my union rep being present.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have been penalized on my annual evual for a medical disabilty leave for depression. I have asked the Human Resources dept is this legal and have not heard a response back from them.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My co-workers have informed me of inquiries about my conversations with them, if I was being mean or rude to them. I feel like I live under a microscope at work,since coming back from my medical disability of depression.
If you have a handbook, then the suspension has to be done by the rules provided. Any deviation will be cause for the suspension to be revoked (you should communicate with your union rep). You cannot be penalized for a disability according to federal law and the law requires an employer to provide reasonable accommodation to an employee or job applicant with a disability, unless doing so would cause significant difficulty or expense for the employer ("undue hardship"). You can file a complaint with the EEOC. See link: https://www.eeoc.gov/laws/types/disability.cfmYour employer can suspend you if it is according to the correct procedure provided in the handbook even if you do not feel the behavior happened or warranted the suspension. They must follow the book though. Your union rep should help you greatly in this regard. Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.
Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer