How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 116817
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I work company that is stealing from its customers. I

Customer Question

I work for a company that is stealing from its customers. I am considered an independent contractor and work from home. I am put in a position where I am also stealing from the customers on the companies behalf. I don't know what to do.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. If the company is committing actual illegal acts, then you need to file a complaint with the state attorney general and you turn them in for doing so. You do not have to commit illegal acts, you need to document them and if the employer tries to make you commit illegal acts you can refuse and if they fire you for it, then you can prove in unemployment you were justified and would be eligible for unemployment benefits.I would report them to the attorney general's office for these unfair and deceptive practices and turn over the evidence you have on them to the attorney general.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is going to come up again and what do I say to him?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am trying to find another job so I can leave.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
Tell them simply you are giving the customer what they have paid for. If he wants to fire you for it, then let him do so and you would win. However, in the meantime I would anonymously send the evidence to the Attorney General and let the AG investigate the company.

Related Employment Law Questions