How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 19296
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a former americorps member. in september, i filed

Customer Question

hi. I am a former americorps member. in september, i filed a complaint with AmeriCorps against my former supervisor for harassment and retaliation. She was essentially having us lie on our AmeriCorps timesheets, doing work that wasn't within the purview of our grants, and disclosing conflidential information about my mental health (as well as that of others) to staff behind my back. When I went to the board of directors, she fired me-- violating Americorps staff termination procedures. I filed a complaint with the AmeriCorps Office of Civil Rights and Inclusivity against her on Sept. 30, 2015. they confirmed that they recieved my complaint and, according to a document I signed, they have a 90 time limit to resolve cases. Over the past 7 months my case representative has not being answering my calls or responding to emails. Just today, after 7 months of absense I recieved an email from her stating that there was nothing she could do to resolve it, without any further explaination. this seems incredibly negligent to me. Is there anything I can do?
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no, I don't know who to contact who represnts americorps members, since it is a federal agency
JA: Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: that's it. thank you
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
You need to ask the representative to issue her formal decision in the case. The representative must also tell you what the process would be going forward such as your right to request for hearing with the Administrative Law Judge. For more information, click on the link below: Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.