Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I am retiring in June. Last Friday my company advised of it's

Customer Question
I am retiring in June...
I am retiring in June. Last Friday my company advised of it's pay increases. I was told that mine was about half of what it would have been had I not been retiring. Why would my retiring have anything to do with what I should receive.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
4/15/2016
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Patrick, Esq.
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question. You ask why retiring would have anything to do with the amount of your raise. The reason, I believe is because the main purpose of a raise is to incentivize employees to stay with the company. When an employee as expressed plans to leave the company, a raise will no longer serve that purpose, and thus, employers are less motivated to offer a large raise. I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer