How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Employment lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 41537
Experience:  30 years in Employment law
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 67 years old, my husband is 77. I have a full time

Customer Question

I am 67 years old, my husband is 77. I have a full time job and not collecting to collect any SS benefit, considering to work up to 70. He is collecting his benefits now.
How can I file-suspend my SS benefit taking into account it will be over 29 Apr 2016?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I still do that in the remaining 13 days? Should I go to the SS office and fill out the application?
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you.Yes you should go and file, make an appointment here to do so in person. Here is reference about the process.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In case, I will be able to apply to this benefit, the 50% that he is going to add to his benefit will be calculation from my current $2000 per/month or calculated by the age of 70 years old $2550?
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
your Social Security card (or a record of your number);your original birth certificate or other proof of birth (You may also submit a copy of your birth certificate certified by the issuing agency);proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful alien status if you were not born in the U.S. [More Info];a copy of your U.S. military service paper(s) (e.g., DD-214 - Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty) if you had military service before 1968; anda copy of your W-2 form(s) and/or self-employment tax return for last yearI would take your spouse with you here.I appreciate the chance to help you tonight and wish you the best here.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
If you suspend you get half his monthly benefit.You can then file later for yours based on your wages. Thanks again.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
If you can positive rate it is always much appreciated.