Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

As a part time employee is it legal employer to schedule

Customer Question
As a part time employee...
As a part time employee is it legal for my employer to schedule me five days a week without the benefits of full time employes. As a part time employee is it legal for my employer to schedule me five days a week give me one day off and schedule me five days again?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
4/13/2016
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Patrick, Esq.
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question. Unfortunately, employers retain complete control over scheduling and are not required to manage their business fairly. Unfair treatment only becomes illegal when it runs afoul of a union agreement, or when the treatment is provably motivated by a legally protected trait, such as race or religion. This regrettably means that what you are describing is legal unless you can prove that your boss's motive for treating you different is a protected trait. Otherwise, while extremely unfair, the conduct that you describe does not violate any law and your only recourse is to reason with your employer or leave for another job where you are treated better. I hope that you find this information helpful and am genuinely sorry if it is not what you were hoping to hear. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I check on something called, the Bloomberg law which is different than your answer. The law says that if a part time employee is working like a full time employee than such employe shall have the same benefits as full time employe.
Thanks. I have never heard of the Bloomberg law and a quick Google search does not reveal anything by that name. Can you please link me to where you read about this? Also, can you please tell me what state you are in?
Did you receive my response?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes, I save the document on the law on my phone and can't find it now,.will look for it.
Okay, thank you....
Hi there, I am just following up because I haven't heard back from you. Were you able to locate the document? Please let me know....
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer