How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A local pharmacy mixed my medicine up. I took the meds and

Customer Question

A local pharmacy mixed my medicine up. I took the meds and became violently ill. This makes the third time this pharmacy has made this type of error. Last year I filed a formal complaint with the board of pharmacy. I should have left but because I've been a patron for over 15+ years I stayed. In the other mix-ups they settle with their internal risk management however this time they've referred my case to an outside lawyer. What does this mean and should I seek representation?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard. I suggest the referral to an outside lawyer means some heads are probably going to rule for the negligence, since this is not the first time and you were violently ill due to the negligence. And so in anticipation of the employee(s) who will be terminated or contract rescinded the pharmacy is also preparing for a civil lawsuit from you. I suggest you should consider at least consulting with a local attorney to discuss your lawsuit options based on their negligence. If you need a referral for an attorney I suggest you can use this link and contact the Bar Association in your county and they will provide a referral service.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Keeping in mind that the pharmacy lawfirm may contact you and try to negotiate a settlement, but I suggest if you have a local attorney - who will work on a contingency in this regard, you refer them to your attorney and let them handle the matter for you.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
You want to be sure that you are covered for your pain and suffering as well as any future problems you may have because of this negligence.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
The attorney will work for you on a contingency which means no out of pocket upfront payments from you. I suggest you can tell the referral service you need to sue a pharmacy and request a medical malpractice attorney.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
I do not participate in the phone call offers which are automatically generated by this website. But we can continue here if you have more questions in this regard.Please let me know here if you have other questions or need clarification. Otherwise a Positive rating ensures i get credit for my time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So you think I have a case? They asked for pulls back, but I refused.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
HelloYes. I suggest if you consult with a local attorney as I noted, you will have a case given you were ill with this situation and this is not the first time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thank you Samuel!!! You get an A+ from me!!!
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. There is a rating system above and I would appreciate you marking that. If you need assistance with this rating system you can contact this LINK and chat with a moderator who can direct you.Thank you.