How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 8184
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was off from a municipal employer in California who

Customer Question

I was laid off from a municipal employer in California who was contracted with CalPERS. I also had years of previous CalPERS service as a state employee. Once I was laid off, I retired from CalPERS to generate some income. I subsequently found a job with another state agency and worked for them for 30 days or so.
I was then offered and accepted management job with the federal government. When I left the state agency, I indicated my intent to retire. I am receiving monthly retirement payments, but not my retiree medical benefits. I have recently found that the state agency did not reinstate me, and simply disregarded my most recent CalPERS appointment since is was so brief.
The failure to reinstate me appears to be the basis for my not receiving the retirement medical benefits I have already earned. I am seeking assistance in resolving this matter and repayment of the retiree medical premiums due.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your specific question for us regarding this issue? Have you received a decision from CALPERS yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
I really would need more information from you regarding your issue and what you have done so far regarding your decision as I asked.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not get a response to my question or a call, as I requested. Please refund my money.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
I did not get a phone call request and because you never replied and at least give us the additional facts of your situation and your specific question as we requested, it is impossible to answer someone blindly without knowing their specific questions. However, as the experts are not employees of this site, we cannot refund your money, BUT you can contact customer service at for a refund of any deposit if you like or at***@******.*** or you can call Just Answer customer service at(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The site provides both a guarantee and the option to request a call. I also responded to your follow up questions with additional information, without success. l will work with customer service.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
I assure you had I received an actual response to the request for additional information it would have been replied to. However, for some reason whatever response you may have sent did not appear and I sincerely ***** ***** any such technical issue that caused it not to appear.
Best wishes.