How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 8184
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

To legal aid, CaliforniaI desperately need help before the

Customer Question

To legal aid, California
I desperately need help before the time to appeal runs out re a claim denied by Workman’s Comp
At the time of the accident I was a Language Specialist working for the San Diego Country Dept. of Education and have been well cared for by their Workman’s Comp. policy till now. As a result of the impact to my head, both eye sockets had to be reconstructed, causing the lower lashes to turn inward and scratch the cornea of both eyes. My doctor requested that surgery be approved to correct this and the attendant macular degeneration. That surgery was denied.
About me today, I lost all my investments and retirement accounts in the collapse of California property values in 2006-8. As a consequence, although I am a Californian, I can no longer afford to live there so reside in Siem Reap Angkor (Cambodia) where the cost of living is affordable on my Social Security of $350 a month.
So I am now reaching out to California Legal Aid in hopes you can provide me pro-bono assistance to fight this denial of Workman’s Comp.(Case SD007440)
What is my next step? Robert Allan Landen, (855) 17530971. If you give me a regular area code and number and a contact name I can all back at a specific time. Here in Cambodia we are 15 hours later than California. 8 am in San Diego is 11 pm here. Eager to receive your reply, Bob
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.
I am afraid that state law forbids any expert on this site from actually representing you or any other customer on the site. If you need local counsel, please use the same sites used by other attorneys, or
You are NOT being charged for this response and you can contact customer service at for a refund of any deposit if you like or at***@******.*** or you can call Just Answer customer service at(###) ###-####