How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 19296
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Good afternoonMy name is***** live in Hazleton

Customer Question

Good afternoon
My name is*****
I live in Hazleton PA, and I work for Luzerne County Road and Bridge.
I am the only spanish speaking man who works in the county.
There are no other people , just my self who came from Ecuador.
I have been working for 6 years and I always have been discriminated.
In November 2015 I was pushed by the county supervisor , but between my forman and me did not want to take this case to the county office.
I told my forman to tell the supervisor not to do that no more.
The second day , the supervisor came to me and apolize and shake hands with me.
After that day , this person screamed at me in public.
Another thing , he picked on me , making me pick garbage , dog excrement all the times that we were working by him.
In February I told the Inion (Afscme) and H R, but the person in charge of department told the workers that we were not in a meeting for that.
The supervisor kept picking on me making collect garbage , even if there were more workers working any day.
I went to my Union to fill grievance for discrimination , for pushing me and for screaming.
That happened like three weeks ago , they called investigations and they called witnesses , but now I know from others that nothing happened , nobody suspended the supervisor for not even one day.
In other words nothing , nothing happened to this guy for discriminating me , for yelling on me me in public and for pushing 2 times.
Can You please help me ?
In the time that a have been working for this county I went to the office for 7 to 9 times for other problems , but the office never helped me .
There are more discriminating things that happened against me in this county.
I have witnesses .
Example , my forman and coworkers.
I hope You understand my bad English and I hope there is some one who speaks Spanish.
Thank you very much for your help.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello Genaro: I am so sorry to read about your difficulties. If nothing happened after the grievance was filed, you need to file complaint with U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and let the agency investigate your complaint. Click on the link below for the complaint process: Here is the link for finding your local office: Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.

Related Employment Law Questions