Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

5 years ago the manager told 4 of us in the dispatch office

Customer Question
that if we wanted to...
5 years ago the manager told 4 of us in the dispatch office that if we wanted to keep our jobs we would no longer have the 3 weeks vacation time the company handbook states we are entitled to as well as the other 1300 employees. He also made us cover for one another when there was an illness. Once again 3 weeks sick time refused. I had back surgery 3 years ago and was told to take off 4 weeks by my doctor. The manager said NO ! He is an alcoholic and got a DUI in the company car 5 years ago and still has his job. He sends porno pics to all of us ( i saved them with his company email address and date ) I have a photo of him peeing on Draper valley golf course par 4 sign , a pic of him drunk behind his desk at work. He is known as Teflon Tim because no matter what anyone says or does he never gets any reprimand. I complained 8 weeks ago that it was not fair what he was doing to us and now I am unemployed, downsizing was the excuse. I sent myself emails pointing out days he arrived intoxicated. Is there any room for justice and orcompensation here?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
4/9/2016
Employment Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Yes you may have a basis for a claim against them. You have a claim for a hostile work environment. You also have a potential claim for retaliation if there is evidence that you were fired because you raised complaints. At this point you need to contact a local employment attorney who can evaluate your claim and pursue it for you.
You need to act soon as there are specific deadlines to file claims.
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer