How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 56562
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My right to sue notification was hand delivered to me by my neighbor

Customer Question

My right to sue notification was hand delivered to me by my neighbor just days short of my 90 days to file with a private attorney. I have not found attorney yet nor have i spoken with with one. Is it possible for me to file my initial complaint claim in federal myself without council? I am trying to avoid the 90-day deadline which is days away. If so how do I go about it and/or where do I start or who should I contact to do so by myself. I would secure an attorney thereafter though obviously. I am located in Fargo North Dakota
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
You can file on your own. You can then find a lawyer and amend the complaint. You can go the clerks office and the pro se clerk will help you fill out the complaint. You can secure a lawyer through directories such as and
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Kindly let me know if that is clear and acceptable.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wonnnnnderful thank u so much I think I understand correctly so what you're saying is I just go to the clerk of court and fill out my complaint as well as adding what they left out and then amend it later also with my attorney as well... I just rather put it all in there and one initial one and Amanda it is well on top of that just in case because I only get one shot at getting this thing and I wanted to be complete but cool so I just write it out like I wrote out my complaint and charges when they filled out the one for the EEOC to begin with right....and then how long will it be approximately before I have to do something again and that being obviously with an attorney at that point I'm sure right once I turn that charge and claim whatever in on Monday how long will it be before I'm contacted with such and such a date or time frame that I need to appear with an attorney with some stuff that makes sense The Next Step
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Precisely right! Get the ball moving and then get a lawyer on board. Normally you will get some response within 30 days of filing with a substantive answer or request for extension of time to respond.I tried to expedite your question. kindly click on a rating of OK or higher for the answer.

Related Employment Law Questions