Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

My right to sue notification was hand delivered to me by my neighbor

Customer Question
just days short of my...
My right to sue notification was hand delivered to me by my neighbor just days short of my 90 days to file with a private attorney. I have not found attorney yet nor have i spoken with with one. Is it possible for me to file my initial complaint claim in federal myself without council? I am trying to avoid the 90-day deadline which is days away. If so how do I go about it and/or where do I start or who should I contact to do so by myself. I would secure an attorney thereafter though obviously. I am located in Fargo North Dakota
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
4/9/2016
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
You can file on your own. You can then find a lawyer and amend the complaint. You can go the clerks office and the pro se clerk will help you fill out the complaint. You can secure a lawyer through directories such as martindale.com and findlaw.com
Kindly let me know if that is clear and acceptable.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Wonnnnnderful thank u so much I think I understand correctly so what you're saying is I just go to the clerk of court and fill out my complaint as well as adding what they left out and then amend it later also with my attorney as well... I just rather put it all in there and one initial one and Amanda it is well on top of that just in case because I only get one shot at getting this thing and I wanted to be complete but cool so I just write it out like I wrote out my complaint and charges when they filled out the one for the EEOC to begin with right....and then how long will it be approximately before I have to do something again and that being obviously with an attorney at that point I'm sure right once I turn that charge and claim whatever in on Monday how long will it be before I'm contacted with such and such a date or time frame that I need to appear with an attorney with some stuff that makes sense The Next Step
Precisely right! Get the ball moving and then get a lawyer on board. Normally you will get some response within 30 days of filing with a substantive answer or request for extension of time to respond.I tried to expedite your question. kindly click on a rating of OK or higher for the answer.
Infolawyer, Lawyer