How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 56867
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was given a urine test at work the collector failed to secure

Customer Question

I was given a urine test at work the collector failed to secure the room and while my pants and unedrware
Were around my ankles shirt pulled up to my chest an employee from another company walked in violating
DOT urine collection procedure sub 40.69 what are the appropriate course of actionfor violating my privacy and rights
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
You can lodge a complaint with HR about the failure to secure the premises for the test, You may then seek to negotiate a monetary settlement for the violation. I do not suggest a lawsuit since the court would look to serious injury
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Kindly let me know if I can clarify anything and if that is acceptable. tried to expedite for you this morning.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That was 38 dollars i want my money back
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
is there something further you wanted to know or which I can clarify? you asked for remedies, and I suggested negotiating an out of court settlement. If you prefer to sue you obviously can, but lawsuits are expensive and aside from some embarassment, you dont have bodily injury or damages.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
You would need an expert for example to say you have PTSD which is highly unlikely and expensive.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I lost my 95000 dollar a year job reasult of a test that was taken elegalely
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Let me suggest some more options.You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved!Counsel can negotiate or handle a civil lawsuit on contingency fee and are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer OK or higher.