How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney2020 Your Own Question
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 2579
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Attorney2020 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm a retired member of a construction union. i worked from

Customer Question

i'm a retired member of a construction union. i worked from 1984-1989, left for 6.4 years then returned and worked till 2010 then retired. during that whole time i payed union dues from 1984-2014. when i put in for my pension they said i had a break in service so i was not credited for the years 84-89, but they collected pension dues every pay check. should they reimburse me the money they collected from 84-89 in pension dues.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.
Yes, otherwise your pension dues went to nothing you benefited from. A written request to reimburse these fee s should be made. Otherwise, the company will simply avoid the issue.I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
fast, excellent response. five star service. would recommend..
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.
Please rate my service through clicking the rating tab through the website so that I will actually receive credit. Thank you so much.