How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 57310
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was recently fired by my employer washing my hands

Customer Question

I was recently fired by my employer for not washing my hands which i know i did.I also know that other employees do the same thing i see it every day and they are constantly watching me to catch me doing something wrong. It is so hard to feel like you are constantly walking on egg shells
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
The employer normally has broad discretion even when its judgment is wrong or improper. However, you can pursue a case if you are being treated differently than others, company is not following policy, or there is discrimination involved due to race, gender, age or nationality. In all events, one can normally negotiate either reinstatement or a severance by having a lawyer contact HR/management as company doesnt want to risk being sued or investigated. Kindly let me know if that is clear.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Severance pay would be better i feel if i go back the same repeat performance will still happen especially when i feel the hr person is responsible
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
ok, and the threat of a complaint with labor board or court is something to be leveraged in negotiating a severance. You want to ask for pay for several weeks, extension of any benefits being offered, and a good reference. Kindly rate me positively.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
can I clarify anything?