Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Can you be fired when one boss says you are I'm bring a doctor

Customer Question

Can you be fired when one boss says you are I'm bring a doctor note in the of other wants gave you a point
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry, but I do not understand your post. Kindly review, edit, and resubmit. Thank you for your cooperation,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was let go be my job one of the mangers told me I was ok if I had a doctor note I went in today got fried the othe manger said she dont care
Thank you for the information. Is the manager that said okay your direct supervisor? What about the manager that fired you? What is his relationship with you? Have you spoken to the manager that said it was okay as long as you had a doctor's note?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes he is but the manger that fried me is his boss in no I have not talk to him or no one eles just you I wanted see if they could do that my wife had heart surgy I called out Thursday forgot to Friday but my doc note says 30 thou the 1st
Thank you for the information. If your direct supervisor says it is okay, but his boss has now overridden him, then you need to appeal your termination with your Human Resources Department. Your direct supervisor's permission should be sufficient especially when you have a doctor's note covering those days. Your termination under the circumstances will not be proper.