How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 56892
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been on workers comp at Amazon twice, first time

Customer Question

I have been on workers comp at Amazon twice, first time in November and I was cleared to full duty in January, then again in February for the same injury due to stress to make numbers at work. I was just recently terminated due to leaving early because I aggravated the injury to the point that it was too painful to move and I had no choice but to leave, I did not have enough paid time or unpaid time to take off and HR was not very helpful. I didn't receive notice till 2 or 3 days after the fact when I called the employee resource center and received the email. I went up to the facility and was given an email to someone from HR but they responded that they wouldn't be back in the office till a day after the last day I can file an appeal for wrongful termination. I'm trying to get my job back and continue treatment through workers comp but I've receive no reply from someone from HR to do so. Already contacted the ethics hotline but I have to wait 5 to 6 business days. Is there something else I can do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
You have taken reasonable steps. Here are some more!You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the labor board and attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved!Often when pressed they will settle not wanting such exposure and legal and are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer Good or higher. I wish you the best. I trust the answer has been helpful. kindly let me know.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Kindly rate me positively.