How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 57388
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am restaurant owner and also consults with other restaurants.

Customer Question

I am restaurant owner and also consults with other restaurants. One of my contract consultants, accompanied with one of my employees on a three day trip to one of my client restaurants. It has come to my attention that while there my consultant had brought drugs with him and enticed my employee to take them and he also had her in his room and had porn. The girl is now frightened of him. She does not want me to know. I arranged that she is assigned to work at a restaurant where he will not be permitted and I also plan to dissociate my relationship with him I do not have a contract with him. The man is 55 and the girl is 23. The girl's father is an attorney an I understand he is contacting the district attorney regarding the consultant's illegal actions. Should I take an other action.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Reviewed your facts. The DA may consider criminal charges. You did all you can do both as far as addressing the incident with the girl and the accused. Nothing more you can do. If the DA contacts you, I do suggest not speaking without presence of counsel just to be safe and not inadvetently say anything inappropriate.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Kindly rate me positively, If I can clarify anything, please ask.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Is the answer acceptable?
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
If acceptable, please rate as good or better