How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 56526
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have worked as a non-union paramedic third service

Customer Question

I have worked as a non-union paramedic for a third service agency for 18 years. We went signed union cards in June 2014 and are now in mediation. Our new Public Hospital Board is threatening to end paramedic services. Early in the negotiations their lawyer cautioned them to be careful stating we (the medics) could sue for back wages for overtime as we are FSLA and have never been paid for overtime. I all of my time documented. I've worked over 100 hours of overtime per month for the last three years.
If our jobs are lost I am considering trying to recover lost wages. Is this possible? If so, how far back can I go?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Yes you may indeed do so. You may go back 2 years for non payment under flsa, and if you can show they did so intentionally it would be 3 years. Normally it would be handled by an employment class action lawyer working on commission so you have no down side in pursuing it. is a good directory. The claims often settle given exposure to liquidated damages, legal fees, and other penalties. Kindly rate me positively.

Related Employment Law Questions