Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

If i am salary and my check says 40 hours which thy expect

Customer Question
50 a week, can they...
if i am salary and my check says 40 hours which thy expect 50 a week, can they force me to work from home because i am salary on days off
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
4/1/2016
Employment Lawyer: Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance. Yes, they can. For a true salaried employee, there is no limit to the hours they can ask you to work. What your check says (and I don't understand why they put that on there) has no legal relevance to the question, because you don't get paid for the hours you work. You get paid a flat rate to work they hours they ask you to work. They can certainly ask that you work from home. There technically are no days off. I wish I could tell you differently here, but that is unfortunately what salary means. If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a top-three rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.
Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer