How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 19132
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

An unemployment check was lost in the mail and the UA

Customer Question

An unemployment check for 2k was lost in the mail and the UA department is refusing to reissue a new check. What can I do? I filled out a lost check form but UA said I waited too long to do this and refuses to reissue another check
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You would need to file a Small Claim case against Unemployment to recover the check.

Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
coulf you file a case for me? Can you take on this job for me and if so what is the charge?
Thank you
Michelle Stancato
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for asking. However, the site policy will not allow me to represent you or anyone outside of this site.