Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

On 31 July 2015, I have signed an employment agreement with

Customer Question

On 31 July 2015, I have signed an employment agreement with GEA. On 1 Jan 2016, GEA officially changed its name to Kelvion and today HR is asking me to sign an addendum that states my employment agreement is assigned to Enexio. However, the addendum states that I was formerly employed by Kelvion, while I have never signed an agreement/addendum with Kelvion. HR is stating that the addendum is legally correct, but my question is: is there any risk for me to sign this addendum which does NOT mention the company name GEA, although I signed the original employment agreement with GEA?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

It wouldn't typically matter if the correct name was on your employment contract. If your employer changed names and you continued working for them, then you would be "formerly employed" by them. There is no legal risk in signing a document which attests to this. Doing so is legally correct and appropriate.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.

Are you still with me?