How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask KJL LAW Your Own Question
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 1451
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
KJL LAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been working under union contract three months now

Customer Question

i have been working under union contract for over three months now they want to get rid of me. i do not have a union card...what can i do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. If you are working under a Union contract, even if you have not yet received the card, then you cannot be fired or let go without just cause. If you do not have a copy of the contract request one from the union, then you should ask the union to file a grievance on your behalf. If they refuse you should file a claim with the National Labor Relations Board for wrongful discharge.I hope this helps with your question.