How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patrick, Esq. Your Own Question
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 12514
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Patrick, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I work fairly large retailer. I was asked by my Store

Customer Question

I work for a fairly large retailer. I was asked by my Store Manager to assume a full-time role in outside sales because I have numerous contacts, all of whom are close friends, who use large volumes of our products for big commercial applications.
The company then replaced the store manager and the new guy will no longer allow me to sell on the outside. I have lost all credibility with my friends whose business I had secured. Obviously, they feel betrayed.
Can I sue my uncaring company for the severe damage done to my reputation?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

What you describe is indeed extremely uncaring and highly exploitive. However, it just does not violate any laws. So , from a legal standpoint there would not typically be anything you can do. All you can do is try to mend your reputation and be more careful about tapping into personal contacts for employers int he future.

I hope that you find this information helpful and am genuinely sorry if it is not what you were hoping to hear. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Are you still with me?

Related Employment Law Questions