How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 38879
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

It's not about employment. No, There is an adult who is

Customer Question

It's not about employment.
JA: Got it. The Employment Lawyer will know how to help you. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: There is an adult who is harassing, slandering and has physically and verbally harming my 9 year old daughter.
JA: Is there anything else the Employment Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: She watches her and calls her school trying to get her in trouble with false allegations. She texts me calling me names as well. This is causing my little girl harm
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.


1. In which U.S. jurisdiction/state are you located?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Criminal charges would do nothing to stop her. But a civil suit would.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay. I was helping another customer while waiting for your response. If you are seeking a civil action against the alleged perpetrator, then it would be your child's lawsuit. She would sue for "intentional infliction of emotional distress." You would have to ask the court to appoint a "guardian ad litem" (i.e., a person who will represent your daughter in the lawsuit), because your daughter can't represent herself in court.

If you need a link to a reputable lawyer referral service, please let me know and I will be happy to provide further info.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, the website retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wanted to know simply if there is a presidence for a suit. If she can be stopped. This answer is basically get an attorney.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can hire her an attorney right. This is civil.
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.

I just provided you with the name of the cause of action: intentional infliction of emotional distress. So, that's not simply a "get an attorney" answer.

I'm really trying to help you here. Yes, a civil action for intentional infliction of emotional distress is a valid claim for the sort of conduct you are describing.

What else would you like to know?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am pretty sure guardians at liem are only done her in child custody cases or in family court.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry ( done here)
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.

A guardian ad litem means, literally, the guardian for the litigation. Guardians are appointed in family law to represent the child's best interests, where neither parent appears to be capable of doing so. However, in a civil action, a guardian ad litem is equally applicable where the plaintiff is a minor child or an incapacitated adult.

I hope this clarifies my original answers.