Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

It's not about employment. No, There is an adult who is

Customer Question
It's not about employment. JA: Got...
It's not about employment.
JA: Got it. The Employment Lawyer will know how to help you. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: There is an adult who is harassing, slandering and has physically and verbally harming my 9 year old daughter.
JA: Is there anything else the Employment Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: She watches her and calls her school trying to get her in trouble with false allegations. She texts me calling me names as well. This is causing my little girl harm
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
3/29/2016
Employment Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

1. In which U.S. jurisdiction/state are you located?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Montana
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Criminal charges would do nothing to stop her. But a civil suit would.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you there?

Sorry for the delay. I was helping another customer while waiting for your response. If you are seeking a civil action against the alleged perpetrator, then it would be your child's lawsuit. She would sue for "intentional infliction of emotional distress." You would have to ask the court to appoint a "guardian ad litem" (i.e., a person who will represent your daughter in the lawsuit), because your daughter can't represent herself in court.

If you need a link to a reputable lawyer referral service, please let me know and I will be happy to provide further info.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, the website retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I wanted to know simply if there is a presidence for a suit. If she can be stopped. This answer is basically get an attorney.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can hire her an attorney right. This is civil.

I just provided you with the name of the cause of action: intentional infliction of emotional distress. So, that's not simply a "get an attorney" answer.

I'm really trying to help you here. Yes, a civil action for intentional infliction of emotional distress is a valid claim for the sort of conduct you are describing.

What else would you like to know?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am pretty sure guardians at liem are only done her in child custody cases or in family court.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry ( done here)

A guardian ad litem means, literally, the guardian for the litigation. Guardians are appointed in family law to represent the child's best interests, where neither parent appears to be capable of doing so. However, in a civil action, a guardian ad litem is equally applicable where the plaintiff is a minor child or an incapacitated adult.

I hope this clarifies my original answers.

socrateaser, Lawyer