How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 117369
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a letter from the Ark department of Human

Customer Question

HI. I received a letter from the Ark department of Human Services. I was place on suspend without pay for leaving a child in the classroom. There was an other person who was with me but wasn't suspended. I feel it is unfair. I can't get unemployment.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You need to file an appeal immediately and not miss the date in your letter for appeal. Even if you miss that letter by one day, they will deny your appeal. In the appeal, you would need to present evidence that you did not do what they claim you did and that there was someone with you and you did not leave a child alone. You should use an unemployment law attorney as they do not charge you money up front, they charge based on the benefits they obtain for you. Having an unemployment attorney represent you significantly increases your chances of success in these cases.
You have the opportunity to present your evidence on your appeal to prove that the employer's claim is not true and to get your benefits.