How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 118635
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a provider DOL and recently with in the last 60 days

Customer Question

I am a provider for the DOL and recently with in the last 60 days have stopped getting paid form DOL and not able to contact any one at the Xerox Company for help, whats up?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Have you stopped being paid or have you stopped getting work as well? Have you contacted your contracting officer at DOL?
What is your specific question for us regarding this matter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we are care providers for the DOL and are caring for an individual that was hurt on the job. We are still caring for this person and have not been paid for our work for the last 60 days. We have been caring for this individual for the last five years and had always been paid. But recently I had not been able to get notification that my billings are being processed or that they have a problem with it? anything its like they have discontinued working?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had never had an DOL officer involved with this case, I have tried calling the DOL in Seattle but with no success. Never talked to anyone there.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
There should be a case worker on the case that is managing the person's claim. They are the person you need to contact to determine why they are no longer paying for his care. This is a workers compensation claim, so there needs to be someone managing the case for the workers compensation provider and that is the party you need to deal with. If they are not paying then they may have discontinued his claim or stopped his claim, which means he is liable personally for the payment or you would have to sue him and his workers compensation provider for payment as they are both liable to you (or he would have to sue them to get his claim started back up again).
You need to get in touch with the workers compensation provider though to find out what is going on and you need to have your client also find out what the problem is with his claim.