Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Error- re-inputing. My co worker, who is a senior employee

Customer Question
and gives me direction throughout...
Error- re-inputing. My co worker, who is a senior employee and gives me direction throughout the day, called me a bitch on Friday in front of another manager. I'm planning on presenting the document I've pasted below to the owner of the company on Monday and requesting a severance, as I consider this a hostile work environment and would like to leave. Is this a sound choice?Letter of ComplaintComplainant: Sean Sweikow
Department: Warehouse Contact telephone:(###) ###-####
Case 1
Date: The week of february 29th, the second week that me and Jose had begun.
Persons identified as witnessing,part of or causing the workplace problem: Mario, Jose, and Sean.
Location: Me in the bay near the dividing wall, Mario by the kitchen, and Jose in the break room.
The situation: I am moving towards the loading bay to unload boxes and Mario says “Come here!”, so I move towards him because I thought that he has work for me. When I get there, he’s moved to the break room and says to Jose “I told him to come kiss me so he comes running”. I say “no, you said come here so I thought you had work.” This is the end of the incident.
Case 2
Date: Beginning when I began to work more intensively in the Packing area when warehouse was fully worked, roughly march 15th
Persons identified as witnessing, part of or causing the workplace problem: Mario, Koljak by the stainless steel table, Ahmed by the computers, within ear and eye distance of the other employees, Sean
Location: My workstation at the stainless steel tables closest to the packing supplies. Mario on the other side.
Incident: As I began to work in the front more often, Mario would increasingly say things like call me a girl or thrust his hips. This began slowly and began to happen as often as five times a day in the coming week.
Case 3
Date: Friday, March 25th
Persons identified as witnessing, part of or causing the workplace problem: Mario, Ahmed, Sean
Location: The bay by the dividing wall.
Incident: I was unloading packages, Ahmed was helping, Mario was moving a pallete to the back.. Mario said “Lets go bitch.” To me. I said “that’s inappropriate, don’t say that again.” He walked away smiling.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
3/27/2016
Employment Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

I have already answered your question. Please look at your original question for your answer. If you are having trouble finding it after you log in and check your "my questions" page, let me know and I will have customer service help you find it. It will come to your email address (check your spam) and can be found at, as I mentioned, "my questions."

Tina, Lawyer