How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 116750
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Where do I start? I have been with a company a total of

Customer Question

where do I start? I have been with a company a total of aboyut 15 years. I quit, and was sued. I found other employment in another state. They recruited me back with the promise of so much money I couldn't refuse ( I had to bring my mother with Alzheimers to San Diego with me which as expensive). I took the job. 5 months later they tried to fire me saying I made too much money. I stated having anxiety issues and heart issues due to stress. They just didn't want me working for a competitor. I begged for my job and was able to keep it with a 20k Cut. Many things happened during those 4 years. I was asked by a las vegas manager to come back. Many times. I agreed because he promised me same salary. Didn't get it. 20k less. other promises made that didn't happen. I am now in a n office with an employee who dislikes me and hasn't really spoken to me in 1 1/2 hears. Every day I go to work I am stressed and scared. Talked to my boss several times but he doesn't take it seriously. I want to talk to HR who is in California. (I am now on 3 medications and have 3 SVT epidsodes). My doctors advise is to quit because the stress with end up killing me. I am seeing a phsyciatrist tomorrow. I emailed HR and she wants to discuss in person. Should I keep our conversations in email for record keeping? The other rep that hates me is doing dishonest things as he was last time I worked there.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If this is happening to you, it is possible that you can file a workers compensation claim for the distress caused by the workplace environment. If your doctor is saying that your job is causing this, then workers compensation would be your option. AS far as keeping the emails, you should keep as many records as possible of the conduct you are receiving to show that it is beyond normal and it is outrageous conduct towards you that makes the workplace intolerable to the reasonable employee, not just you.
I would suggest using a local workers compensation attorney to pursue this as a workers compensation disability claim.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. The health issue is the biggest but they have taken 40k in salsry, lied about many things, did something that robbed be of commission for 6 months and on. Is there anything else other than disability? Do I have a chance in civil court. There is too much to tell you in this forum.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your reply.

If you have an actual written contract for the payments and they are not making them to you, they are in breach of contract and you can sue them for that and for not paying your commissions as well. So yes, you could pursue them for breaching the contract and for not paying your commissions as required.