How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 19624
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In Canon City Colorado Southern Peaks Regional Treatment

Customer Question

In Canon City Colorado Southern Peaks Regional Treatment Center is a residential treatment center that is suppose to help youth with behavioral problems.I only worked there a short time but had no choice but to report my supervisors to CDHS here in Fremont County. After I filed report , within days a supervisor called me by phone and said I was being placed on administrative leave by human resource manager. I constantly asked and sent emails and phone calls for months asking for documentation stating why I was placed on leave. Six months later, I have attempted to get help from various state groups such as OSHA, CDHS, DORA, only to be told they are not agencies that oversee Southern Peaks Regional Treatment Centers. I only just today received documentation from Geo Group 401(k) stating They were notified I was "leaving my employer" and that I was going to receive my 401(k) from Geo Group by mail. I still have not received any information about why SPRTC placed me on leave I realize I need a Civil rights Attorney now
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Those government agencies that you contacted should have assisted you especially CDHS since your complaint to CDHS led to the retaliation against you. CDHS licenses these treatment centers in Colorado and therefore have oversight responsibilities. So, I am not sure why you were told that CDHS does not have oversight responsibilities of Southern Peaks Regional Treatment Center.

You would need to retain the services of a local Attorney who handles employment discrimination cases to review your case and figure out the best way to handle your case.

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Best wishes,