How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 118722
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My employer will not provide the cms-l564 form so i can

Customer Question

My employer will not provide the cms-l564 form so i can retire. what can i do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The employer cannot refuse to fill out the CMS-1564 form. If the employer is refusing to fill out or sign the form, then you have a right to file suit against the employer for damages caused by not filling out the form and causing you a delay in receiving your SS medicare benefits and also a court order to sign the form. You need to contact your HR representative and inform them that the law requires them to sign the form and if they refuse not only will you be forced to sue, but you will report them to the Social Security Administration for investigation in refusing to comply with the federal regulations that the employer fill out the form. Most times, that will get them to fill out the form and return it to you.