How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 118635
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was just involved in a car accident. The doctor says the

Customer Question

I was just involved in a car accident. The doctor says the numbness in my hand is due to possible wip lash and I have 2 herniated disc. I am not to work until I see my physician. What do I do. I am self employed. I need to go after the commercial insurance?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
There is nothing more to do at this point until you see your doctor. You need to contact not only your insurer but the insurer of the other vehicle, since the other insurer would be liable to pay for the damages. You need to keep records of time you miss from work and money you are losing. You are entitled to your medical expenses and also lost wages for the time you cannot work. You also are entitled to pain and suffering from the insurer, which is 3-5 times the total of all of your medical and lost income and is in addition to your total medical/lost income.
So you need to be patient, go get treatment and until you are at your maximum medical improvement, there is nothing else you can do is file your claim with your insurer and the insurer of the other vehicle.