Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

16 year girl with disabilities OCD and ADD, had job months

Customer Question

16 year girl with disabilities OCD and ADD, had job for 8 months and never had a written warning about distraction. A new manager came in and fired her due to distraction from one day of him seeing her work and told the floor manager to cut her she was weak and couldn't focus. Her floor manager gave her a letter of reference for another job. This was her first job and she is devastated. What if anything can be done about her situation.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

IF there are at least 15 employees with the company, and the new manager was aware of her mental disabilities, then I suggest you can consider filing an EEOC complaint. Of course, the manager would need to be aware of the disability. Otherwise, without that knowledge, there is no way to say she was terminated because of the mental health disabilities.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

I suggest, however, that you might consider bringing medical documentation of her disability to the attention of the new manager and tell them this is why she seems not focused. And that if they do not consider bringing her back on as an employee, you are considering filing an EEOC complaint.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know here if you have other questions or need clarification. Otherwise a Positive rating ensures i get credit for my time.