How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

16 year girl with disabilities OCD and ADD, had job months

Customer Question

16 year girl with disabilities OCD and ADD, had job for 8 months and never had a written warning about distraction. A new manager came in and fired her due to distraction from one day of him seeing her work and told the floor manager to cut her she was weak and couldn't focus. Her floor manager gave her a letter of reference for another job. This was her first job and she is devastated. What if anything can be done about her situation.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

IF there are at least 15 employees with the company, and the new manager was aware of her mental disabilities, then I suggest you can consider filing an EEOC complaint. Of course, the manager would need to be aware of the disability. Otherwise, without that knowledge, there is no way to say she was terminated because of the mental health disabilities.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

I suggest, however, that you might consider bringing medical documentation of her disability to the attention of the new manager and tell them this is why she seems not focused. And that if they do not consider bringing her back on as an employee, you are considering filing an EEOC complaint.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know here if you have other questions or need clarification. Otherwise a Positive rating ensures i get credit for my time.