Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I need damage control due to ppa Breach. My medical records

Customer Question
I need damage control due...
I need damage control due to Hippa Breach. My medical records and work records have been exposed with out my consent. I am afraid it has gone viral. Any suggestions would be most helpful.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
3/15/2016
Employment Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

I am very sorry to hear this. You have a couple of options. First, you need to notify the Department of Health and Human Services of this breach if the breach was done by a medical provider. This would begin an investigation. Second, while the HIPAA laws do not give rise to a lawsuit, most states have laws against breach of privacy. You may need to file suit if you have proof of damages as a result of this disclosure. If you have any specific questions please feel free to let me know or we can talk by phone for an additinoal charge.

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer