Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I recently interviewed I was told was a full time position

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. I recently interviewed for what I was told was a full time position with health insurance after 60 days. I received a call today with an offer from the HR Dept but I was told it is considered temporary with no expiration date as the company wants to make sure it is a good fit on both sides. Now I am having reservations or is this just standard procedure in today's times? Thank you.
JA: The Employment Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Oh, no. I just received the offer today and was looking the topic up on line.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Employment Lawyer should know?
Customer: No. Thanks for your time.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

These types of temporary or probationary period are becoming more and more common in today's work place. Although it was misleading of them to interview and post the position without any information that it is temporary. If you think it is a good job opportunity and you can endure without the benefits on a temporary basis, then it is up to you.