Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I recently interviewed I was told was a full time position…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl. I...

Hi Pearl. I recently interviewed for what I was told was a full time position with health insurance after 60 days. I received a call today with an offer from the HR Dept but I was told it is considered temporary with no expiration date as the company wants to make sure it is a good fit on both sides. Now I am having reservations or is this just standard procedure in today's times? Thank you.

Lawyer's Assistant: The Employment Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?

Oh, no. I just received the offer today and was looking the topic up on line.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Employment Lawyer should know?

No. Thanks for your time.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
3/15/2016
Employment Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

These types of temporary or probationary period are becoming more and more common in today's work place. Although it was misleading of them to interview and post the position without any information that it is temporary. If you think it is a good job opportunity and you can endure without the benefits on a temporary basis, then it is up to you.