How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrakeLAW Your Own Question
DrakeLAW, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 756
Experience:  Attorney at Drake Law Firm PLC
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
DrakeLAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

State wage garnishment (first answer to writ of garnishment

Customer Question

Washington State wage garnishment (first answer to writ of garnishment for continuing lien on earnings)for an employee delivered March 1, 2016. We pay twice monthly, I've done the calculations but am not sure if the amount owing has to be paid in full to the plaintiff in 60 days?
JA: Got it. The Employment Lawyer will know how to help you. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Employment Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: She is an hourly employee and the number of hours she works each pay period varies.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I believe I understand the question, if you filed the answer, you should keep withholding the proper amount from her income until you get an order from the court directing you to turn over the payments to the judgment creditor. After the Order for Continuing Lien is entered, you would forward the withholdings to the judgment creditor after every pay period going forward until advised to stop. Are you thinking the judgment will be paid in full within 60 days?

Thank you for your question. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I welcome you to request my assistance in any future legal questions you may have, by simply placing my name in the first sentence of your new question. Finally, please be so kind as to promptly rate this answer so that it may be closed in the system. I wish you the best in your endeavors! -Rich