Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Is it legal to keep an employee on in NYS with empty

Customer Question
paychecks?...
Is it legal to keep an employee on in NYS with empty paychecks?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
3/13/2016
Employment Lawyer: Samuel II, Attorney at Law replied 1 year ago
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law

Hello

This is Samuel. I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

Can you explain what you mean by "empty paychecks," please. Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi are you qualified to answer for New York State law? (I see you are with Maryland Bar). I mean weeks of time went by, for example 3 specifically in December of last year where I had zero nights of work. Again I was an EMPLOYEE, not IC. I will be taking legal action on this employer.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I had called the DOL/AG numerous times regarding this, money being left out of my meager checks, etc etc etc

You know, I will opt out and perhaps there is a NYS licensed professional to assist you. They will get with you, if there is.

Good luck

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you. I hope I was not charged since you could not help me.
Tina, Lawyer