How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 118128
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

During my Trial Board Hearing is was revealed that my

Customer Question

During my Trial Board Hearing is was revealed that my subordinate (Sergeant) made multiple false statements against me and my Chief was the supervising official who approved his investigative summary. His investigation was incomplete, bias, riddle with his opinions, accusations, and conspired to remove me from my position as a Police Lieutenant and his personal gain.
How can I pursue this matter since I've cleared my name and I'm still employed here and te conditions aren't favorable.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You can sue the department and the investigator for negligent investigation and for infliction of emotional distress based on filing false reports against you. You will need legal representation to pursue the claim and there are employment law attorneys who represent police officers regularly, you can find them at the same sites used by other attorneys, or
You need to pursue this based on the negligent investigation, false reports you proved in your hearing and also the proof you have of the personal gain that would have been realized in your removal. This would allow you to seek damages including possibly attorney's fees and even punitive damages for their willful and malicious conduct in the investigation.