How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 8184
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I worked Angeles School District as a Substitute Teacher

Customer Question

I worked for Los Angeles School District as a Substitute Teacher for a total of 2 years and some month, but the retirement money didn't go to the right funds, without my knowledge, to be able to benefit for a retirement pension plan, also I worked as a Instructional Aide/Teacher Assistant for Pasadena Unified School District for 3 years and some more month and in some cases this times could be combined for the minimum 5 years to qualify for School Districts in California to receive a pension benefits, but "Sacramento" is refusing to do this. I need help since I am also of 73 years old, and is hard to find employment in both positions, Sub. T. or Instr. Aide.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Where did they put your retirement money?
Have you filed an appeal yet with the pension board and school district to correct the situation?

Related Employment Law Questions