Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

My question is I went to my HR department at the counsel of

Customer Question
Hello, my question is I...
Hello, my question is I went to my HR department at the counsel of my VP against my manager for religious discrimination and a list of inappropriate behavior. Several other people also filed a complaint. A two week investigation was done and supposedly my manager was reprimanded. He had to apologize to our group. After that, he began retaliating against me because of my complaint and refusing to help me at my new job, which puts my performance at risk as well as liability to my engineering company. I filed a complaint with our company Hotline and was called in today to the same HR that took my original complaint. They say they are taking this very seriously and will do another investigation. I was told I need to find another job with same company and they would assist me being hired on with a different business unit, however - none are available. If that is not an option, they want me to sign a separation agreement with three weeks pay - that is not very much money. Can you give me advise as to what I should do next. I have been unable to go to work this week due to the retaliation. It has been very difficult.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
3/11/2016
Employment Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for the information. I would be glad to assist you as much as possible but it is important that you keep in mind that this is not a personal representation site and, since we are not forming an attorney-client relationship, we cannot give you legal advice. We can discuss the law in general as it relates to your issue and discuss options with you, but if you are seeking legal advice specific to your case, you will need to sit down with your own local employment law attorney for that. With that in mind, if you want to continue, can you please tell me why HR is telling you to leave your current job? Have you said you want to transfer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i will seek a local attorney. Thank you.

You're welcome

Tina, Lawyer