Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I was recently told by my employer in the state of PA that

Customer Question

I was recently told by my employer in the state of PA that "I don't have it", while I am celebrating my 25th year with this company. They asked me to take a couple days and decide if I want to come back to work and finish working the balance of the month or start a severance package? They told me that they are not going to put me on a performance program because it is not fair to me. I have never received a bad review in my 25 years. I believe the reason why I was let go is because of my boss, she did not like me. She told me that her friend follows her when she changes jobs. She harassed me so bad, that I was going to quit, but I had to much vested into this company. I loved working for this company. I relocated 2 years ago with this company, I up lifted my family and moved to a different state to stay working with this company. She was hired less than a year ago and I have emails that prove she harassed me. She had me so stressed, I dreaded going to work everyday, but I am a very dedicated and loyal employee. She will tell me to do something then she would changed her mine because she is allowed to do that and then I would miss a deadline and was told about it. She would change my numbers and then ask me why did I miss on the numbers and I would tell her she changed it. She would take the day off of work and tell everyone else in the department except me and I would ask where is she and they would tell me she was off. She would go behind my back and have another employee in the department run my numbers and then tell me my numbers were wrong, but my numbers were not wrong the other employee ran the reports wrong. I went to HR and they told me if it happens again to tell them. It happened again and my boss told me that it was the employee decision to review my numbers on their own. I went to HR again. I went to my boss and I said I do not feel like I am part of the department, I'm not included. She told that the other employees told her that they feel like I do not want to be part of the department. So I went out to one of the employees and asked him, he said he did not say that, he said that everyone knows that I want to be part of the department. I worked in the department for 25 years. I contacted the company's employee assistance program and told them my situation, they had someone call me back but I did not speak to them because I was afraid of more harassment from my boss.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm very sorry to hear about your situation. Can you tell me what your specific question is that you want an answer to?

Did you see my follow up question to your issue?

Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response...

Should I continue to await your response, or may I assist the other customers that are waiting?

Did you wish to continue with this question? I see that you have not responded in some time...