Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I complained about a hostile work environment where my

Customer Question
Hi, I complained about a...
Hi, I complained about a hostile work environment where my director openly describes her organization as a "locker room environment" at EMC, using phrases like "prostate exam" to describe tough days ahead. Immediately afterwards, I was asked to resign, and after a recent bout of the flu, I was instructed not to return to work without an (unavailable) doctor's note.
Related, although probably unprotected, our staff meetings were laden with videos degrading millennial workers as lazy, sneaky, and worthless. After suffering major car issues, I was instructed to "grow up" and get a "grown up car" and it's clear that my director encourages this kind of environment of legal bullying. The company is trying to insist that I am quitting as I am being forced from my position.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2016
Employment Lawyer: Dwayne B., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Tina, Lawyer