Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I work in a local municipality. a group of residents, angry…

Customer Question
I work in a local...
I work in a local municipality.
a group of residents, angry over a new subdivision of apartments got the Village to open an investigation of the process of this particular subdivision coming into town. The Village was going to hire a law firm to conduct the investigation , but three trustees voted against this proposal and recommended the Cook County Sheriff's office that has a division that does such type of investigations. Now they are going to pass an ordinance requiring employees to co-operate with a County agency during this investigation or I assume lose their job. I think that this County agency should clearly spell out the terms of their investigation, the consequences (Civil or criminal)(and the Village should pay for an independent attorney to represent any employee who is questioned by this county commission. (Cook County sheriff's Office. One of the Trustees hoi also recommended this agency, is s an employee of the County (Public Defender) and I think there is an inherent conflict there. I view this entire process as an unfair labor practice, since I could lose my job for failure to co-operate, if I do not have an attorney present.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
3/8/2016
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 2 years ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question.

What is your question?