Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I got an offer from re manger but rejected by HR, how can I

Customer Question
I got an offer from...
I got an offer from hire manger but rejected by HR, how can I win this job back? Did HR have authorities over hire manger to reject me to give me an offer? Is any law I can get this job back?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
3/8/2016
Employment Lawyer: Samuel II, Attorney at Law replied 1 year ago
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

Do you know why HR rejected you?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I got email offer from Hire manger on January 16, 2016, hired manager submitted job offer to HR for reviewing, but after that I did not hear anything from HR, I sent email to ask HR what is going on and why I did not receive package from HR yet after one and half month. Today I got a letter from HR, HR stat: "However, I regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you a position."

Thank you. Unfortunately, you do not have to be told why you are not hired or why you are fired. But if you suspect there is discrimination behind the non hiring you can file an EEOC complaint and ask them to investigate it.

Bona fide discrimination factors include race, religion, age, gender, a disability.

Unless it is discrimination you would not have any legal recourse. The fact you were offered the job is really insignificant, unfortunately, as HR always has the last word.

And if the offer was contingent on a background check there could be something there. Additionally, there could be a "qualification" that HR was privy to and the manager was not. I am sorry this happened. And I wish it was better news for you.

Please let me know here if you have other questions or need clarification. Otherwise a Positive rating ensures i get credit for my time.

Samuel II
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law