Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Under the Railway Labor Act do unions have the right to

Customer Question
request information from carriers relevant...
Under the Railway Labor Act do unions have the right to request information from carriers relevant to investigating grievances?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
3/7/2016
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 year ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Yes. This right to request for information is implied in Section 152 of the Act subsection Sixth (45 U.S.C. Code) regarding the need for both the representatives of the workers and carriers to confer. In order to confer, the Union can request for information from the carriers that would enable the Union to properly represent the workers.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law