How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 8184
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I work drug/ alcohol rehab. My job entails limited

Customer Question

I work for a drug/ alcohol rehab. My job entails limited transportation of clients to various functions throughout the week. I was involved in a motor vehicle fender bender in my own vehicle, on my own time.....not associated with my employment at all. I was not cited, no tickets were issued, but I did sustain $4,000.00 in damages, with no injury. My employer is demanding a copy of the accident report to be put into my permanent work file. This makes me uneasy. Am I obligated under labor laws to turn this personal information over to my employer? There is also a problem obtaining the report. It is not available yet, even after 60 days after the incident. I feel as though my employment is being threatened. I was placed on the graveyard shift as a result, even though my employment agreement states that I NOT work the graveyard shift.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a written employment agreement requiring cause for termination?

Do you believe you were treated differently than other employees due to your race, religion, ethnicity, etc.?

Related Employment Law Questions