Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I work drug/ alcohol rehab. My job entails limited

Customer Question
I work for a drug/...
I work for a drug/ alcohol rehab. My job entails limited transportation of clients to various functions throughout the week. I was involved in a motor vehicle fender bender in my own vehicle, on my own time.....not associated with my employment at all. I was not cited, no tickets were issued, but I did sustain $4,000.00 in damages, with no injury. My employer is demanding a copy of the accident report to be put into my permanent work file. This makes me uneasy. Am I obligated under labor laws to turn this personal information over to my employer? There is also a problem obtaining the report. It is not available yet, even after 60 days after the incident. I feel as though my employment is being threatened. I was placed on the graveyard shift as a result, even though my employment agreement states that I NOT work the graveyard shift.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/6/2016
Employment Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Loren, Lawyer

Good afternoon. I am Loren, licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Do you have a written employment agreement requiring cause for termination?

Do you believe you were treated differently than other employees due to your race, religion, ethnicity, etc.?