How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Employment lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 41027
Experience:  30 years in Employment law
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My picture was posted in the local newspaper by my

Customer Question

My picture was posted in the local newspaper by my supervisor and it states in caption her class, listing each child by name but excludes myself. The picture was embarrassing because I felt as though she portrayed me as on of her children. (special needs) . There was another incident on a trip to the fairground yesterday...this same supervsor bought me luch Thursday...I guess to ease the blow. Then on an outting to the fair, embarrassed me again by sending our coworker to go with the Jr High kids, and relenquishing all my duties of watching over a child at the fair, to her mom and sister (who are not employees). So I was basically walking by myself, with her class. She intenes to demean me, in the the community, for what reason, I dont know. I was just involuntarily moved to her class about two weeks ago. I hadr ecently filed workers comp on a knee fall at work. I have nver been written up or reprimanded for anything, so I am not understanding where this hatred is coming from. I also recently moved my son to another school, from this very school. I just really need legal representation, because I feel somrthing good is not going to come from all f this.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome back to JA.Ray here to help you today.

You may consider an EEOC complaint.You can claim this mistreatment is based on your race, sex, or age here.This would offer you protection against any retaliation should they take further action action against your job.

Often such actions by teachers are subtle means to run you off and can be motivated by discriminatory actions.This would offer you protection and allow you to seek to have this investigated.If EEOC rules in your favor they would issue you a right to sue letter and you can then sue teacher and employer for damages.This becomes wrongful termination here if they retaliate and you can pursue this as well.

Filing with EEOC here offers you the most protection from being an at will employee and may force them to back off any adverse personnel action.

File here

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

If you believe that you have been discriminated against at work because of your race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information, you can file a Charge of Discrimination.

I appreciate the chance to help you again.Thanks for the chance to do so and good luck here.