Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am profoundly deaf. Hearing-aids help some. I have been…

Customer Question
I am profoundly deaf....
I am profoundly deaf. Hearing-aids help some. I have been employed for over 30 years. I am 62 years old. My employer wants to cut my hours to part-time status eliminating my benefits and reducing my pay. This will create a severe hardship. I would like to know if there are provisions in the Americans with Disabilities Act that can prevent my employer from creating this hardship.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/4/2016
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

The ADA does not permit this to happen if the reason for the reduction is your disability. If that is the reason, it is discriminatory as would any adverse employment decision made because of a disability that reasonably may be accommodated.

Infolawyer, Lawyer