Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My employer dropped me from the company insurance in 9/14…

Customer Question
My employer dropped me...

My employer dropped me from the company insurance in 9/14 and forced me to go to Medicare which I did not want to do I have since discovered this can not be done Do I have any recourse?

Lawyer's Assistant: The Employment Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?

Yes not a Employment Lawyer and he felt there is a time limit.

Lawyer's Assistant: What advice did they give you?

Contact Social Security.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Employment Lawyer should know?

Such as?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/4/2016
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Good afternoon, your employer may not simply drop you. Has to at least offer cobra option. also, if the drop is based on age and singles you out, that is discriminatory and illegal.

Kindly let me know if that is clear and helpful.