Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am local # 3 Operating Engineer. I have ADHD which

Customer Question
I am local # *****...
I am local # ***** Operating Engineer. I have ADHD which qualifies me to be on the Unions preferred list for operating elevators. Last week I was discharged from my job for running the elevator in the automatic mode. The superintended accused me of lying to him about it. I went to my union business agent about the issue. The B.A told me the superintendent could not fire me without a verbal and a written warning. Well he did. I have had no Union representation. I was wondering if this was a state law or a union rule?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
3/4/2016
Employment Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

I believe kt is a union rule because employees are generally at will so they can be fired at any time with or without cause.

If you have no further questions a positive rating is appreciated.